Saturday, April 3, 2010

on cheating

Spent most of the day reading about wives and girlfriends finding out that their partners have been cheating on them. Man, it was so heartbreaking to read their stories, and to think I dont even know them.

James and I never had a problem about cheating, well except for a phonecall I got from this girl about two or three years ago saying my then boyfriend, now husband, was seeing another girl in Japan and that he told her he would leave me for her. I still dont know what made her do that and I dont even know who she is until today. Besides, she didnt want to tell me who she was and in my book that in itself is doubtful.

I'm not sure how I will react when confronted with this situation. Will I be catatonic with pain? Will I lash out? Will I leave him? So many questions with no answers, crossing my fingers and my toes that I dont get to find out the answers.

-
to all those who have been cheated on:
never ever blame yourself. it is always the cheater who is at fault, no matter what his reasons are. cheating is inexcusable. period. you deserve better.

to those who cheat:
at least have the decency to tell your spouse or your significant other the truth. no matter which side you look at, what you did was wrong. period. you had the guts to cheat? then have the balls to admit it.

to those who knowingly engage into affairs with married people or even those who are not yet married but in a relationship:
i pity you. seriously. whether it was out of love or lust or money, what you are doing is wrong and will always be wrong. get a life. get your own life!