Thursday, July 14, 2011

midweek ramblings

After a day of pineapple juice and neozep plus some TLC from James (naks!), I'm feeling much better, thank God. I still feel more tired than usual though, so I think rest is still in order. oh and no cooking still because I might still have germs. eww. not good.

I've been worried about our finances lately. Well no, it's not like we suddenly dont have money to buy our neccesities or anything like that but Chemo isn't exactly cheap. In fact the cost is so huge I have had nightmares over it. At the back of my mind, I know we'll be able to get through this but the worrywart in me seems to be working overtime these days. sigh.

I just feel a bit helpless. My parents have never asked me to pay for anything, not even a single centavo. Of course I get the usual "blowout" ribbing but as for household expenses, I have never been asked to contribute, EVER. But with the medical expenses piling up, I think it's high time I pitch in. The thing is, i'ts not like I'm earning a lot and with the other bills James and I have to pay, I honestly dont know where to get the money to help out. ugh.

On a lighter note, Mama is doing good. She has been a bit dizzy from the chemo meds but it was actually less than what we were expecting. No hair loss yet, probably by next week. I honestly want the hair loss thing to happen ASAP cause I'm so crazy scared of it I just want to get it over and done with. (I secretly want to shave Mama's head but I dont think she'll let me. LOL.)

It has been really tiring lately but I actually like doing the household stuff. At least it makes me feel I'm actually doing something  useful cause I have yet to figure out the whole financial contribution thing. Thank God for James who has been really patient with me, especially when I'm cranky (which is more or less everyday. haha).

We're planning a trip to Tagaytay soon, specifically to attend a healing mass for Mama, but we're still a bit wary of her immune system. So we'll see. Hopefully we'll be able to go. We really need the vacation, albeit a very short one. keeping my fingers crossed!