Monday, October 25, 2010

much too soon

This week I learned of a former w@wie lost her husband of almost two years. Their names sounded familiar, so I searched through my archived emails and that was when I realized that Aimee, the wife, was actually one of the few w@wies I have been in contact with outside the group.

I was in shock. Just a little over a year ago, we were planning both of our weddings and since we lived in practically the same area, we had basically the same list of prospective suppliers. I remember she was really nice to me and replied to my emails even if she was busy planning her own big day.

But what really struck me about her was how happy she was about marrying Archie. From their pictures it was crystal clear how much they loved each other. After our weddings I wasnt able to stay in touch with her and it really broke my heart to hear that Archie passed away.

I can only imagine what she must be feeling. I mean, they just started their lives together, how can he be gone already? It’s too soon. Much too soon.