Saturday, October 16, 2010

curveball

I didn't see this coming. seriously.

For almost three years now, the whole game plan was after getting married, Maan moves to Japan. period. no ifs, no buts. it was crystal clear from the get go. I understood it, my family understood it, I even told my boss to expect it. That’s how sure I was that I was leaving Manila. But I guess somebody up there decided to throw us a curveball.

I really did not think this was one of our options. I asked James because my mom wanted me to, but never in a million years did I ever think he would actually consider it, much less say yes. And yet here we are, up to our noses with information about rice and mills and pigs and feeds. It’s all so crazy. My whole world has turned upside down in a matter of days. We have yet to make final plans but from what I can see, James is leaning towards taking this option instead.

Half of me is happy and excited but the other half is scared to bits. I know my family would jump for joy should we choose to stay here in Manila, on the other hand this is definitely a huge, GIGANTIC risk: starting from scratch, building a business from the ground up, a business we didn't even think we’d actually want, and that’s insanely scary. No, it’s not because I dont have faith in James, I know he’ll be great at it. He has the entrepreneur mojo, that much I am sure of.

It’s this whole “this is not part of our life plan” thing that drives me insane. Okay, I’ll go ahead and admit it: I am the biggest control freak in this side of the metro. I’m all for surprises, but something this huge scares the heck out of me.

I asked James if he’s at all scared and he said: “no.” I asked why and he answered: “dyan ako tatanda e..” that made me smile and feel much, much better. :)
he also shared this with me:
“ your decisions are always right if you're brave enough to face it's consequences..”
sigh. why does he always make sense every time I feel like I’m not making any? and why in heavens does he have more faith in me than I do with myself?