Saturday, May 8, 2010

a little rant


I’ll be the first to admit I’m not the world’s most positive person. Heck I don’t even come close. But lately I have been noticing that more and more people tend to look for the negative in another person. It seems like we tend to gear towards putting down other people instead of trying to pull them up.

Like the past couple of months I have been telling a friend how much weight he has lost and every single time another person, who was really not part of the conversation in the first place, would chime in saying otherwise.  

Or if you see someone you haven’t seen for a long time, you can bet on it that someone, somewhere would always say: “ang taba mo..” or “ang laki ng tinaba mo..” or “lumulusog ka ata..”

I know us Filipinos usually find it funny when we make fun of others but it has been getting on my nerves lately.