Thursday, May 27, 2010

daydreaming

dear hon,

it’s 11 am on a Thursday morning. I know I’m supposed to try and sleep to get ready for work tonight, but you know me, I sleep late. :)

anyway, I was reading through my favorite blogs, willing myself to sleep, it’s not really working but what the heck, I like it. the posts got me daydreaming about what we could have been doing if only we were together.

1. Binondo Food Wok

I remember I mentioned this to you once, you said go but I had to say no because of the expense. (kuripot alert!) but just now I read of one blogger going on the trip with just a map and a list of restaurants to try. I’m thinking that’s more cost efficient and more adventurous (adventurous = maan, yeah right! hahaha..).

I know we’re really bad with directions, (okay I’M bad with directions) but we did get a lot of practice back when we were still in wedding planning mode, right? minus our screaming fits, (okay MY screaming fits) I’m thinking this would be perfect for us, dont you think so? plus we love to eat, heck I gained 10++ pounds the last time you came back home and I’m still working on getting them off, three months later. ahaha. :)

 

2. concerts, plays, etc.

watching Hairspray with you was one of the most special nights of my life and since then I longed for us to share another night of music and culture. if not for  the uber expensive tickets, I would have dragged you to every show there was last December.

this year there’s Cats and Rent and Legally Blonde and all other musicals that I really wish I could watch with you. Also I would have given in to the pricey APO tickets if you were here to watch it with me.

honestly I cannot believe you actually enjoy these things. did I luck out or what? :)

 

3. Boracay + Aklan + Iloilo

those 5 days in Iloilo two years ago were a blast. I loved every bit of it, from the beach to the food, to the people. I have not told you this but I was actually a bit scared that I’d bore you on that trip. We didnt have anybody else with us (well except for family in Iloilo) and I was a bit apprehensive you wont enjoy yourself as much as you did the last time you were there with friends. now I’’m still not sure if you did get bored but I sure as heck did not. oh and did I say I loved every single minute of it? :)

you shared Iloilo with me and I would really, really love to share Aklan with you. I have told you dozens of stories about the place and I wish I could let you experience it firsthand. I havent been to Boracay in years and I would love nothing else but to come back there with you in tow. besides Boracay will always be a paradise  and a party island all in one so I’m pretty sure you’d love it. (wink, wink..)

Sigh. I have so much more daydreams, more places to go see and more trips I want to take but I guess the bottomline of all this is I really wish we were not apart.

look I get it, we’ve had this talk dozens of times, but I really really REALLY wish we’re together and not thousands of miles apart.

I miss you everyday, you dont even know how much.

I love you, always..

maan