Tuesday, September 11, 2012

August? What August?

I can’t believe August just went by without a single post and it wasn’t a boring month take note, far far from that.


August 24 Mama went through another Mastectomy. Yep, another cyst was found in her left breast and she opted to just have the whole organ removed. I was scared, scared for her, for us. I was plain mind numbingly scared, period. To make myself feel better I desperately tried to remember her operation last year, trying to remember if I was this scared and if so what I did to calm myself but for the life of me I cant seem to remember that I was this scared last year, ugh.

Thankfully James kept trying to calm down and though I kept repeating the same sentiments over and over about every other day, three weeks before the operation (can you just imagine how irritating I must have been?), and he just kept on telling me that everything was gonna be okay. (Thank you God for my husband!)


Ironically, come operation day I was calm. Yep, after weeks of being scared and worried to bits, crazy huh? I don’t know, somehow I felt that everything really is gonna be alright (maybe because James kept repeating this every other day for three weeks and it finally sank in. LOL) Surprisingly the operation didn’t take too long, last year it was about 3 hours and this time they were finishing up an hour and a half after they started and yes, it was successful. The worries did not end there though because we still had to wait for the biopsy results but somehow I knew deep inside that whatever the results may be, we’ll get through it.

A week after the surgeon declared the lump benign (non-cancerous). Yey for us but we waited a week more for the oncologist to look over the results and thankfully she said the same thing. *happy dance*

See how eventful my August was? All that and I failed to blog about it? Boo for me. Oh well, as I always say better late than later. Hahaha. : )


--


To everyone who reached out to us in this trying time, on behalf of our family I would like to express how truly thankful we are. If not for your prayers and words of encouragement, we would not have been as strong. I especially appreciate those who took the time to text or call for updates. In this day and age, anyone could just go online and wait for my status updates in Facebook or Twitter, thus I truly, truly appreciate those who made an extra effort to reach out to us personally.

Not that I am discounting those who made their well wishes known in Facebook, I am extremely grateful for that as well. All prayers are welcome. It’s just that I am truly, truly touched by those who actually took the time to check on Mama, to check on Papa, to check on me and James and did not just rely on whatever Facebook status I posted. From the bottom of my heart, thank you.