Monday, July 23, 2012

“25 Things I learned In My 20s” - Part 1

I chanced upon this article entitled “25 Things I learned In My 20s” and there were a couple of points that hit me hard. I was hoping I could write them all in one post but time and inspiration is not on my side. At the rate that I have been writing, I'd be probably be able to publish this by early next year. hahaha. So I thought I'd just post them one by one. Here goes..
 “ The rumors are true: your metabolism does slow down as you get older! That means if you’re still eating whatever you want, there’s a good chance you’ll start to gain an awkward amount of weight. It won’t be too drastic but your clothes will start to hang differently on your body and you’ll feel an overall feeling of unattractiveness. Start to be conscious of what you eat and strive to live a healthier lifestyle if you want to get your teen body back. (Let’s be real though, that might not ever come back.)”
I’ll go ahead and admit that I am very much insecure about my weight. I try to be nonchalant about it but deep inside I'm a big hunk of insecurity. In my late teens and around my early twenties, I’ve been so obsessed about gaining weight. Seriously. I've done slimming pills (bad, I know), excercise, no rice diet, etc. It clearly doesn't help that I have an extra sweet and salty tooth plus I am much too lazy to even bother exercising (not to mention these fabulous genes I’ve been blessed with). LOL.


But aside from my snail-paced metabolism, these days I’ve been noticing that my figure doesn’t really bother me as much as it used to. I mean, I dont like that other people point out that I’ve gained weight (ugh, this irritates the heck out of me!!note to people: commenting about a person's weight over and over and over again is RUDE.), but when I’m alone and I look at myself in the mirror, I actually like what I see.

I like that I'm curvy (nope, not really a fan of stick thin girls. no offense, just a personal preference), I like that I have hips and boobs and an ass (the husband agrees. hahaha). In short, I actually like my body now even if it probably wouldnt hurt to lose about 10-15 pounds. It's so weird that this is coming from somebody who was super obsessed about losing weight a couple of years ago but hey, maybe acceptance comes with age? (oh no! Does that mean I’m old???) hahaha.


I really just hope the people around me (hello relatives! *wave*) would stop with the weight comments. HELLO! I'm not obese, duh. plus even if I was, it's still RUDE.