Thursday, March 25, 2010

frustrated.

I took a leave off work today. I just felt I needed a break from everything. Lately it hasn't been fun, in fact there are days when I feel like quitting altogether. I feel the environment has become so toxic and so intolerable that not a day goes by that I don't get tempted to finally hand in my resignation letter.

I used to think that as long as I do my best at what I do, try to go the extra mile and exert effort every so often, they would at least treat me well. But I was wrong. I guess life doesn't really work that way. As long as they can use you to make things easier for them, they will. But the moment you show signs of weakness or vulnerability, they treat you like you’re the worst employee ever. It’s frustrating.

Let’s face it. At one point or another, you’ll get sick, you’ll need to attend to an emergency or heaven forbid you have to put yourself first, I and honestly I really thought they would at least take into account that I have been dependable and responsible and respectful, but no, they treated me like somebody who shirks on the job or somebody who doesnt take in extra work when asked.

I have been planning to resign for the longest time but have postponed it for one reason or another. But as each day passes by, my resolve to finally rid myself of this frustrating situation gets stronger. It’s about time I put myself first or at least treat myself a little better cause they certainly will not.

soon.