Thursday, June 21, 2012

10 Years

3,650 days, 120 months, 10 years. TEN YEARS.

I honestly cannot wrap my head around the idea that it has been 10 years already. June 05 2002, well technically June 4 but it was near midnight and we thought 5 was a better number. LOL. The days flew by so fast but now that I look back so much has happened. We have been on this never-ending roller coaster ride of ups and downs and I cherish every moment of it.

Crazy how back then I didn’t even think it will last this long or that the relationship would eventually lead to marriage. I mean I know James was a keeper but I was very realistic. He was after all my first boyfriend and basing it on my friends, first boyfriends don’t usually last. Well, I guess somebody up there wanted to prove me wrong, lucky me. :D

James is my everything. He’s my rock and my strength. He literally keeps me sane. I even appreciate that he drives me crazy sometimes (okay a lot of times) because it allows me to learn more about him, about us, about myself. I always say this and I will never get tired of saying this: our relationship is not perfect but it is our kind of perfect.

I could go on and on about this but my words will never be enough. I just feel so blessed to have James in my life. People keep telling me it’s time to have kids, but if they even have an idea on just how perfect everything is right at this very moment, then they’d probably agree with us that we’re perfectly fine as is. =)

I love you hon, always. 10 years to forever..