Monday, April 23, 2012

Life Dreams

I know I’ve already posted about my 2012 Bucket List but lately I’ve been thinking more of long-term planning. Oh well, a girl can dream right? So here goes:

1. Build a house

Lately I’ve been surfing about buying lots and building homes. I’ve stalked websites about furniture, light fixtures, etc. I’m not really sure how this came about but for the past couple of weeks the thought of owning a house, our own house has occupied my daydreams. It’s freaking expensive and I’m not sure if my salary can afford it (I have not even dared compute as it might burst my bubble. LOL) but I promised myself that someday, somehow we will have our own house. We initially planned to build the house before getting married but reality bites I guess. Probably it was a blessing in disguise as shuttling between Parañaque and Las Piñas has allowed us to spend more time with our parents, which is great but still it wouldn’t hurt to build our own home.

2. Have our own business

One constant dream of ours is to open our own business in the food industry. We both love to eat and cook thus it makes perfect sense for us to want to open our own restaurant or a catering business, somewhere along that line. We don’t have enough funds for this yet plus I think passion is not enough to sustain a business. We need to study and gain experience first before diving in. When we will find the time and the money to do this, I don’t know but hopefully soon.

3. Travel

I’m happiest when I am at home and I very rarely go out. But there’s something about exploring another place that excites the heck out of me. I’m not very sociable so it’s not really about meeting other people. I think for me it’s more of travelling with James and getting to share travel memories with him. Yep, it’s as shallow as that. Hahaha.
 
--
 
So that’s about it for now, I’ll just update it over time.

If you’ll notice having kids or starting a family is not included in the list and I know a normal person would wonder why. I’ve actually been thinking about it again lately but I have come to the conclusion that no, I don’t want kids as of this moment. James doesn’t want to have kids either, at least not now.

Yes I know people are gonna raise their eyebrows so high they’ll probably hit the ceiling and yes I know there’s a big, huge possibility we won’t be able to have kids if we delay this but please keep in mind that this is our life we’re talking about. Key words: OUR LIFE. We made the decision and we’re ready to face the consequences, whatever they may be.

To be perfectly honest, I really don’t want to have kids just because society dictates me to have them. I feel we are not yet ready financially, physically and emotionally so why push it? Why get yourself into something you are not ready for? When I got married I was 100% ready to be a wife but right at this very moment I am not yet ready to become a mom. Yes, I can change my mind, that’s the beauty of life but for now our decision stands, so I hope you'll be happy for us just like we're very much happy right now. :)